Please call 312/720-5454 to leave a confidential message, including the best times to call you back. Or, make an on-line request for an initial appointment.
If possible, I’d like to have a short phone conversation with you prior to meeting for the first time. This gives you a chance to ask me questions and to make sure I have openings during the times you are available.
What to expect at the first appointment
The first appointment gives you the chance to see how easy (or challenging!) it is to get to my office and for us to get a sense of each other face-to-face.
I will ask you questions about why you are considering therapy at this point in time, any previous therapy you have done, and what kind of relief you need right away.
I’ll also give you information about my general philosophy of how therapy works, and ideas I have for how we might go forward.
What you say during a therapy appointment is confidential.
Exceptions to this are:
- If you disclose information that leads me to believe you are a danger to yourself or others.
- If you share information that causes me to feel that you are unable to care for yourself.
- Treatment goals and symptoms required by insurance companies to facilitate payment of your insurance benefit.
Fees and insurance
My fee is $130 per 55-minute session. Payment is due at the time of service. Cash, checks, and major credit cards are accepted.
I am in-network for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois. BCBS members pay only the copays and deductibles based on their plan. If you have a different insurance company, I will provide you with a monthly statement that has all of the information your insurance company needs to reimburse you.
Checking insurance benefits:
With any PPO insurance, please call your provider (phone number is usually on the back of your insurance card) to find out:
- Do I have a mental health benefit?
- What is my deductible? Has any part of that been met already?
- Do I have a copay and, if so, what is it?
- Do I need any approvals or pre-certification before starting therapy?
PLEASE BRING YOUR INSURANCE CARD WITH YOU TO THE FIRST SESSION
Cancellation and Fees
Cancellations need to be made at least 48 hours in advance. If you do not cancel your scheduled appointment within this time frame, you will be charged a cancellation fee of $100.